Tropical Fruit Salad Recipe
“One mouthful of this exotic fruit salad recipe with mint sugar and you can almost feel the sunshine! ”– Jamie Oliver
- ½ pineapple
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 cup raspberry
- 1 papaya
- 2 kiwi fruit
- ½ lime , juice of
- 1 small bunch fresh mint , leaves picked
- 2 tablespoons golden caster sugar
- Trim the outside skin off the pineapple and cut out the hard core that runs down its centre. Lay it on a chopping board and cut it into chunks with a sharp knife. Place in a bowl.
- Cut the flesh of the mango off the stone and scoop out the flesh from the skin with a spoon. Place into the bowl with the pineapple. Cut the papaya in half and scoop out the black seeds inside. Scoop the fruit out of the skin in the same way as with the mango. Place into the bowl.
- Top and tail the kiwi fruit, then, sitting it on one of its flat ends, trim the furry skin off with a sharp knife. Slice the kiwi and place into the bowl. Sprinkle your raspberry with seeds that have been removed. Drizzle the lime juice over your fruit.
***Tip: Give your fruit a squeeze before you buy it to make sure it’s just soft and ripe.